TIM KORRY Between the Sun & The Moon Audio Recording at TAYLOR Studios

TIM KORRY Between the Sun & The Moon Audio Recording at TAYLOR Studios
TIM KORRY EP Recording 2010

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Metamorphose- New EP Recording Week 3

In studio Tim Korry Jeff TaylorImage by timkorry via Flickr

After an 8 hr session of my crappy job, week three began. We ran through the main vocals on the southern rock/world music sounding "9 Sticks" about four times only to discover that the first take was the best. No problem with that... still better than being at the mindless day job. We took a final run through the main vocals for "Between the Sun & the Moon" and recorded a keeper. Some engineering by Jeff Taylor finished off our production for the night. We were primed to tackle the next session after a couple Tecate's, some lovely beef sticks, a quick planning session, and some random odd b&w pics.
Well, the next day needed to be put on hold so Liza and I headed down to Ashling on the Lough for some curry fries (recommended), a pint (also recommended), and a merchandise brain-storming session(er, that's up to you).
Background vocals for "Between the Sun & the Moon" began the following Tuesday... after the crappy job, yes... I've had a heavy Jet/Beatles/Cult groove and harmony in my head since the song was written and Jeff helped me to bring out my inner-Beatlesness. The songs are really taking on their own life in the studio and it will be interesting to see what they finally become. Week three.... effectuated. (Yeah. I was bored at my crappy job and stuck my nose too far into a thesaurus).  
Stay tuned and keep in touch @   http://twitter.com/TimKorry
TPK 


No comments:

Post a Comment