TIM KORRY Between the Sun & The Moon Audio Recording at TAYLOR Studios

TIM KORRY Between the Sun & The Moon Audio Recording at TAYLOR Studios
TIM KORRY EP Recording 2010

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week 10 EP Recording- MODIFICATION

Geostationary orbit-animationImage via Wikipedia
Captain’s log: Stardate 201018.10.
Vocal lines have been evaluated and confirmed until the mixing of the EP. All guitar lines were analyzed and some set to re-track. The content of my last interview, new photos, and a demo of the new site were also evaluated for proper character. The engine room reports that we are clear to pickup speed in order to reach an end of July destination. The Captain sends his recommendation to throw a party when this process has reached fruition.
We began retracking several clean guitar tracks on ‘Retrograde’ and a couple fiery Pete Townshend sounding bits. Progress was also made on ‘Always’. We may only be a track away from finishing the guitar on that number. The original solo guitar will either need a couple touch ups or to be rerecorded due to a couple odd notes in the original recording. I’m looking forward to further developing these original tracks… Tonight.
Major lifestyle changes have taken place this week thanks in part to the very energetic Tony Horton and the need to get into full on rockin condition (not the Motley Crue diet) for the upcoming video shoot. I will tell you now that Yoga is not my friend, but I can see the value in it. Having discipline may hurt now but will pay off later. I hate clichés, but “No pain no gain” actually makes sense. This concept is so foreign to our current “Give it to me now” drive-up culture.
It’s one thing to be interviewed and it’s another to edit the interview with a sort of focus group. That’s really all I have to say about that… I’ll stick to songwriting.
Currently I am anticipating a Saturday afternoon of cooking pit bbq, drinking a few beers, and listening to Jim Morrison rant some gibberish about “Seminary school”. Yeah, Loverboy was right and I can’t get ‘Everybody’s Workin for the Weekend’ out of my head. Somehow this blog ended like an old Dennis Miller piece from SNL. Oh well. That’s the news and I’m outta here!

Pics @
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49198010@N07/sets/72157624186933815/

No comments:

Post a Comment